Tequila fans who love to beat the heat with frozen cocktails will love this week’s carnival edition. Check out this recipe for a frozen drink with a Spanish twist.
This cocktail recipe is from Mr. Boston, the go-to cocktail recipe guide at our house.
What you need:
1 ½ ounces of tequila, 2 ounces of pineapple juice, 1 tbsp of lime juice.
What you do:
Combine all ingredients with 1 cup of crushed ice in a blender. Blend at slow speed and pour into an old-fashioned bar glass. Garnish with a wedge of pineapple and serve with a selection of authentic Spanish tapas to coordinate with the matador theme.
To participate in this week’s carnival, simply add a link back to the Happy Hour Friday section of this web site in your post before submitting the URL. For an excellent example of how this looks, check out Carrie Kirby’s article on happy hour bargains in Chicago. As you’ll see, it’s just a simple edit to an existing piece. If this is your first time joining our weekly Happy Hour Friday carnival, here’s a simple newcomer’s guide to get you started.
Looking forward to everyone’s great drink and snack posts this week. Bottoms up!
Photo Credit: House of Sims
Editor’s Note: Apparently, after several weeks of smooth functioning, the automatic linking widget has decided to check out. Those of you that are arriving with the expectation of being able to automatically add your link, please just message me on Facebook / Twitter / via my email and send me your article. I’ll add them all manually. Or you can leave a comment below, as your email will be hidden from the public, and I can use that to get a hold of your post behind the scenes. Sorry for the minor mix up, but sometimes these things are out of our control.
Moving on though, we have a great set of first round submissions this week. Check them out!
- Madeleine Kane’s clever wine limerick based on a South African pinot noir.
- A great holiday cocktail roundup from the Sampa family.
- Some fantastic chocolate cookie treats that would be fabulous with a pitcher of Long Island Ice Tea.
- This ode to cheese by the folks at Life As a Human made an unexpectedly pleasant addition to this week’s carnival as well.
- Rambling Tart posted a fantastic cherry lime cooler recipe with a smashing accompanying potato dish.